Prince Harry and Meghan have accused the tabloid of “an entirely untrue narrative” over their decision to step back as senior working royals.
Harry and Meghan lash media’s ‘narrative’
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have insisted they always intended to keep up public duties after quitting the royal family, and say a “distorted narrative” had been created to “trap” them into silence.
Harry and Meghan never cited privacy as the reason for stepping back as senior working royals more than two years ago, a spokeswoman said.
A statement from their global press secretary accused the tabloids of creating “an entirely untrue narrative” around privacy, and said the royal couple “are choosing to share their story, on their terms”.
The statement on Friday comes after the first three episodes of the couple’s Netflix series aired.